Wanting a gluten-free bread with no leaven? Here's your answer! These taste best eaten the same day they are baked, but rewarmed they aren't too bad, either!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 12 squares
Calories 129 kcal
- 1/3 cup cashews OR almonds OR sunflower seeds
- 1 cup soy milk OR coconut milk
ADD to blender and MIX:
- 2 cups corn flour (VERY fine cornmeal)
- 1/3 cup pitted dates OR 3-4 Tbsp honey OR other sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups soy milk OR coconut milk
BLEND first two ingredients until smooth.
ADD remaining ingredients and blend.
POUR onto a sprayed 10×15 pan (with sides). I use a sided cookie sheet.
SPREAD evenly, making sure edges are not thin or they will burn.
BAKE at 375F for 40 minutes.
CUT into squares and serve warm.
If you’d rather have a savory cornbread instead of sweet, omit the dates (or sweetener) and vanilla, and replace it with some Country Style Seasoning, or just use onion and/or garlic and your favorite herbs. The sky is the limit!
Amount Per Serving (1 square)
Calories 129 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g6%
Vitamin A 232IU5%
Vitamin C 4mg5%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.