Fried rice is one of those quick and easy things to make when you have cold leftover rice and a few veggies that you don't know what to do with! It tastes great fresh or even reheated leftovers!
Yield: 6 cups
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 servings
Calories 282 kcal
- 4 cups cooked brown rice cooled
- 1 cup Scrambled Tofu ~1/2 recipe
30 minutes BEFORE serving, prepare veggies:
- 1 cup carrot diced in 1/4 inches pieces
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 4 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup coconut cream From coconut milk can
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger OR 1/4 tsp powdered ginger
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Aminos OR soy sauce
- 2 tsp Tamari optional
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar OR favorite sweetener
STEAM carrots in wok OR large skillet (ceramic or nonstick works best) for 3-4 minutes in a little water over high heat.
ADD onion and continue steaming until onions are clear and water is evaporated (add more water as needed during cooking).
ADD garlic and ginger and stir.
ADD cooked rice and coconut cream and gently stir until rice is heated through.
ADD remaining seasonings to taste.
GENTLY fold in peas, mushrooms, and scrambled tofu and cook 1-2 minutes.
ADJUST seasonings to taste.
LEFTOVERS taste great reheated, too!
Amount Per Serving (1 cup)
Calories 282 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 4g25%
Vitamin A 3749IU75%
Vitamin C 13mg16%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.