Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oat flour (blended rolled oats)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chia seed (ground into meal)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp flax seed (ground into meal)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp flax seed (leave whole)
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon (I use Ceylon, or "sweet" cinnamon)
- 1 1/4 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 medium bananas mashed
- 1/3 cup light olive oil (not extra virgin)
- 2 cup soy milk (adjust according to ripeness of bananas).
MIX all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
ADD blueberries and mix again.
ADD mashed banana, oil, and soymilk and gently stir.
SHOULD be a somewhat thick muffin batter, but if it looks too thick, add a couple tablespoons more soymilk.
SET aside for 10-15 minutes, to allow the flax seed and chia seed to absorb.
PREHEAT oven to 425F.
BAKE at 400F for 5 minutes, then turn down to 375 for 10 minutes, and 350 for 5 more minutes OR until toothpick comes out clean.
COOL for 10 minutes before gently removing from pans onto a cooling rack.
SERVE immediately OR cool for at least 30 minutes before storing in freezer.
For long term storage, place cooled muffins in zip lock bags and freeze immediately. The flax seeds make the muffins get really soft and moist by the second day, making them spoil faster. Thaw as needed. Once thawed, keeps a week in the refrigerator or 3 days on the counter. However, I doubt you will need to store very many, if your family is like ours!