Whole Wheat Raisin Apple Bread (NO KNEAD!)
Yield: 2 round loaves
- 1 apple diced
- 1 cup raisins OR dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped, OR pecans, optional
- 2 Tbsp dry instant yeast (Quick rising works well, too.)
- 1/3 cup sorghum molasses OR honey OR other sweetener
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon OR coriander
- 1/2 tsp cardamom optional
- 2 cups warm water
- 4 cups whole wheat flour (White wheat OR red wheat both work great.)
MIX apple, raisins, nuts, yeast, sweetener, spices, salt, and water into bowl.
ADD three cups flour and mix gently.
ADD one cup flour or as needed to make a sticky dough consistency.
SET aside for 20 minutes to allow flour to absorb and for the dough to start rising.
DIVIDE into two loaves with well-floured hands.
PUT both balls of dough onto an oiled cookie sheet, one on each side.
RISE until double, while cookie sheet is sitting on the stove.
PREHEAT oven to 400F while bread is rising. The heat will speed up the process and then your oven will be hot when the bread is ready.
BAKE at 350F for 35 minutes or until golden.
REMOVE from oven and cool on a rack.
Use this dough for extra-yummy sweet rolls!