Oat-Free Crisp Topping
- 1/2 cup sucanat OR organic granulated sugar
- 1 cup almond flour OR cassava flour OR pastry flour
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour OR cassava flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour OR coconut flour
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil OR coconut milk/cream
- 1/2 cup walnuts OR pecans
- 1 tsp vanilla flavor OR cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut cream as needed for the right crumble consistency.
MIX dry ingredients together.
ADD oil and mix. (Heat coconut oil slightly, if hard.)
ADD coconut cream until mixture crumbles nicely.
DROP in little piles (the size of a quarter), on an oiled cookie sheet or parchment paper.
BAKE at 325F for 5 minutes.
ROTATE cookie sheets, BAKE 5 more minutes.
STIR. BAKE 5 more minutes, if needed.
COOL and CHOP into smaller pieces.
STORE in airtight bag or container. May freeze for later use.
CRUMBLE on top of thickened fruit just before serving.
For a softer topping, if you’re in a hurry, skip the pre-baking step.
CRUMBLE the mixed soft topping over your thickened fruit.
BAKE at 350F for 30 minutes or until golden.
COOL slightly before serving.