Fruit Crisp Crumble Topping
Fruit Crisp is a wonderful one-dish meal, or if you add more sweetener, it makes a special dessert. This recipe is the crumble topping for the crisp. You can choose your own fruit filling to go inside it.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats OR quick oats (not instant oatmeal)
- 1/2 cup almond flour OR whole wheat flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts OR pecans
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon OR 1 tsp coriander
- 1/4 cup coconut oil warm slightly, if needed.
- 1 tsp vanilla flavor
- 1/2 cup maple syrup OR apple juice concentrate
MIX all, except maple syrup, together in a bowl.
ADD the maple syrup last for a nice crumbly texture.
COMBINE well and sprinkle on top of fruit crisp.
BAKE at 350F for 20-30 minutes OR until golden on top.
WATCH carefully–it may boil over.
SERVE warm or cold.
This makes enough topping to cover a 3-quart casserole dish of fruit crisp.
If you don’t have maple syrup, you can use apple juice and sweeten to taste with 2-3 Tbsp coconut sugar or organic sugar.
To make this recipe oil-free, omit coconut oil and use coconut cream OR add some extra water OR apple juice.