Kristina’s Holiday Roast
Yield: 2 bread loaf pans
CHOP and set aside:
- 4 c whole grain bread crumbs
- 1 c walnuts
- 1 block tofu
- 1/2 c water
- 1 t sorghum molasses
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 c rolled oats OR quick oats
- 2 T Tamari OR 1 1/2 t. salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 c celery finely chopped
- 2 c onions finely chopped; water, only if needed.
COMBINE in bowl:
- 1 c walnuts chopped
- 1/2 c sunflower seeds
- 1 T Country Style Seasoning
- 1 T sage
- 1/2 t marjoram
- 1/4 c dehydrated minced onion
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t onion powder
- 2 t paprika
- 1 T dried parsley
- 4 c soft whole grain bread crumbs
ADD sautéed ingredients, and blender mixture to dry ingredients in bowl and stir.
ADD bread crumbs and stir together.
PLACE in two sprayed loaf pans.
BAKE at 350 degrees for approx. 75-90 minutes.
COVER first 30-60 minutes, if needed.
COVER first 30-60 minutes, if needed, depending on the moisture.
Bake until brown.
SERVE with your favorite sauce.
Decorate with parsley and roasted vegetables.
NOTE: This recipe goes quickly if you have a food processor. Use it to make the bread crumbs, chop the walnuts, and chop the celery and onion.
To make this gluten-free, just use gluten-free oats and gluten-free bread crumbs.
Top with Kristina’s Holiday Sauce or Cranberry Sauce!