Cashew Vegetable Soup
This is one of my favorite soup recipes from when I was a child!
BOIL water in tea kettle.
COOK in 6-quart pot, with enough boiling water to cover veggies.
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 lb sliced carrots
- 2 ½ lb potatoes peeled and sliced
- 1 small cabbage thinly sliced, about 8-10 cups
BLEND cream for soup and POUR into cooked veggies.
- 1 ½ cups cashews OR blanched almonds
- 2 ½ cups water dipped from the soup
- 2 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 ½ Tbsp salt adjust to taste
ADD after done cooking.
- 6 cups broccoli flowerettes cut small
CHOP vegetables into kettle.
POUR boiling water to barely cover vegetables.
SIMMER over medium-high heat until vegetables are almost done.
BLEND nuts, onion powder, salt, and water until very smooth.
POUR into vegetables.
SHUT off heat and let SIT for 15-20 minutes before serving OR chill if serving the next day.
Be sure to always use fresh onion and minced garlic in your vegetable soups–it adds a world of flavor that no seasoning can ever compete with!